Saturday, September 20, 2008

Talk to me, My Cellphone

Cellphones nowadays are marvels of technology
they have almost everything you can think of and
all pack in one small package that we came to love
as the modern cellphone. Though they may not be
image of technological perfection. They do in many
ways change the shape of modern society.

Other than the usual "chit chat" and text message
any given cellphone can be your own personal camera
replacing the bulky ones which you usually carry in
a not so regular basis unless if its a cellphone,
And they can do more than taking posterity only your
mother could love. Cellphone vary from brands, technology
capability and capacity.(question marks)

Cellphones like smart phone and PDA has more
professional function like organizer, Ms office and more.
Cellphone can also be your personal entertainment listening
to your mp3 music or watch movies and such. They can also be
a source on information the latest news not to mention
worthless gossips all accessible and made possible
through mobile technologies.

Not to be outdone cellphone service provider are fishing for
costumer offering low rate of services even raffle and
promotions I even remember one time here in the Philippines
that cellphone service providers offers text service to
famous local celebrity stars by just inputing corresponding
no#. and you can text and receive replies from them
of course the cost is 3x as much as a regular text. Even banks
offer mobile banking for payment, purchase and even fund transfers
(money laundering just kidding) all in your cellphone and to
top it all off mobile technologies was instrumental in the
downfall of the "Erap Administration" during Edza 2. Even in
today’s conflict in Mindanao due to lack of military field
communication battle hardened Filipino soldier and even rebels
used cellphone as battle field communications. (question marks)
First time I ever seen a cellphone was way back in high school
during the early 90"s. Cellphones then were exclusively own by
big businessmen unlike today even the local idiot has one.
Old analog cellphone were huge and bulky. A friend of mine said
it was like having to carry a handset of your local phone both
only twice the size and twice the weight. Although I think he was
exaggerating I never could tell, I never had those things before.
Anyway, it was all analog then. And during those days pagers were
then king of the ring.(question marks)
Apparently Pagers died out of service when new cellphone came
to the market that has text messaging capabilities. Easy to
access and extremely cheap service killed the pager reign.
(question marks)
I could still remember my first cellphone it was a second
hand Nokia 3210 which I haggled out from an officemate back in
2000 A.D.. I had that unit for about two weeks and trade it of
for a brand new Nokia 3310 from my brother who in that time was
selling cellphones .I can still remember my ex-girlfriend face
when she found out I have a brand new 3310 unit. She had a brand
new 3210 months before I bought my first cellphone and would
make fun of my second hand 3210 unit.(question marks)
But now, Who's laughing and it turn out to be.
They who laughs last, laughs the best. (question marks)
Any way my 3rd unit was a Nokia 3330 supposedly for my mother
to used but knowing her limited technological skill I ended
up using it. And I gave my old unit to my other brother.
Who seem to be the families depository used unwanted stuff
for no apparent reason. Anyway, I sold my 3rd unit to my
ex-girlfriend. And bought a brand new Nokia 3250. It’s all I
ever need for a cellphone and I don’t really need that much
to begin with anyway.

But then again maybe I do.

Anyway, this unit has 2mpix camera for photo and video, it
also hasmp3 player and other neat stuff packed in a box. And
I’ve been using this unit even now. With this in mind I wonder
what my next cellphone unit would be. (question marks)
That my cell phone experience... What’s yours?

Cellphone had gone far through years though not close to
starsterk’s "tri-quarters"or the Japanese Anime "chobits" Now
there is something to think about.Given their current capabilities
and limitations I’d say they do the job well.

0 Comments:

ss_blog_claim=51668592ed0c6f002abe3fc2af227e2b ss_blog_claim=51668592ed0c6f002abe3fc2af227e2b